To register as an adult, please click here
These Terms form a contract between you, the user of SCRUMS and Scottish Rugby Union Limited (a company incorporated in Scotland with registered number SC132061 and its registered address at Murrayfield, Edinburgh EH12 5PJ), members of its group and any successor to all or part of its business ("Scottish Rugby").
The copyright in SCRUMS is owned or used under licence by Scottish Rugby and is protected by the copyright laws of the United Kingdom and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property laws. You are entitled to copy any SCRUMS material for your own personal use, but must not remove any product identification, copyright notices or legends or other notices or proprietary restrictions from any such material without the permission of Scottish Rugby. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved by Scottish Rugby and/or its licensors.
The Scottish Rugby logo is a trade mark of Scottish Rugby which may or may not be registered in the jurisdiction from which you are accessing SCRUMS. In addition, certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs to the pages of SCRUMS may constitute trade names or unregistered trademarks of Scottish Rugby. The display of any of the above trade names or trademarks on SCRUMS does not imply that any licence or right has been granted to any third party in respect of the same.
All other product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs referred to on SCRUMS are or may be trademarks of their respective owners and are exhibited only in such a manner as is intended to be for the benefit of such trademark owners and Scottish Rugby intends no infringement of such trademarks.
The appearance or absence of products, services, companies, or organisations, or advertising of third parties on SCRUMS does not imply any endorsement or non-endorsement thereof by Scottish Rugby. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved by Scottish Rugby and/or its licensors.
4. Content (No Warranty)
The information, materials and functions contained in SCRUMS are provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permissible, Scottish Rugby disclaims all warranties, representations and undertakings whatsoever, express or implied, including warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from computer viruses and non-infringement of third parties' rights.
Scottish Rugby may at any time and without notice change, amend or otherwise vary these Terms or SCRUMS (or any part thereof). Any changes to these Terms will be published on SCRUMS and, if appropriate, will be notified to you by email.
6. Use of SCRUMS
You must not:
- provide false, misleading or inaccurate personal information on SCRUMS. It is your responsibility to keep your information on SCRUMS accurate and up to date.
- create an account on SCRUMS for anyone other than yourself, unless you have permission.
- register more than once on SCRUMS in a personal capacity.
- share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account on SCRUMS. It is your responsibility to keep your password and login details private and safe.
- solicit login information or access a SCRUMS account belonging to someone else, unless you have permission or are a parent/guardian of the person concerned.
- modify SCRUMS in any way.
- post unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam) on SCRUMS.
- upload viruses or other malicious code onto SCRUMS.
- use SCRUMS to do anything that is unlawful, misleading, malicious, discriminatory or is in breach of applicable laws or regulations.
- use SCRUMS to bully, intimidate, or harass anybody.
- frame or link to any other page of SCRUMS without the consent of Scottish Rugby.
- use any robot, spider, other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy SCRUMS or its content.
Without prejudice to any rights otherwise available to Scottish Rugby under statute or common law, if you have breached or are in breach of these Terms or any other Scottish Rugby regulations, directions, policies and procedures then Scottish Rugby may close, remove or suspend your access to SCRUMS without further notice.
9. Children under 16
Scottish Rugby will not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage whatsoever or for loss of profits, contracts, data, goodwill, work stoppage or computer failure resulting from the use of or inability to use, interruption or availability of SCRUMS, its operation or transmission, computer viruses or otherwise in respect of the use of SCRUMS and howsoever caused even if Scottish Rugby has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Scottish Rugby excludes any liability for any errors or omissions from information, materials and functions included in SCRUMS except to the extent that such liability cannot be lawfully excluded under applicable laws or regulations. To the fullest extent permissible, Scottish Rugby disclaims all such liability arising from its or its employees', agents, representatives or subcontractors' negligence.
Scottish Rugby is not responsible for nor shall it be liable for the contents of other websites or home pages which are linked to SCRUMS. Scottish Rugby shall have no liability in respect of material linked to SCRUMS which may be misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, threatening or obscene or otherwise not in accordance with such laws or regulations as may be from time to time in force. The provision by Scottish Rugby of a link to another website does not constitute any authorisation by Scottish Rugby to you to access materials held at that location, nor is it evidence of any endorsement or non-endorsement by Scottish Rugby of the material held there.
Scottish Rugby operates SCRUMS from Edinburgh, Scotland and makes no representation that the information contained on SCRUMS is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United Kingdom.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by Scots law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts in connection with them. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws or regulations of the country from which you are accessing SCRUMS.
Scottish Rugby is committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy.
Scottish Rugby Union Limited is a company registered in Scotland (Company Number SC132061) and is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner (ICO registration number Z9734099).
1. What personal information we collect
We may collect, hold and use the following personal information from or about you:
- Your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email and gender;
- Your nationality, ethnicity and religion;
- Your bank account and payment details;
- Details related to your education, qualifications or training (including PVG scheme membership details);
- Details related to your rugby union performance or participation;
- Details related to your health and any disabilities;
- The information you provide when reporting a serious injury or submitting an insurance claim. This may include health and medical information;
- Your image (if filmed or recorded during your participation in matches, competitions or events or when attending our matches, competitions or events);
- Details of your use of our IT systems, applications and websites (including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources you access);
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type; and
- Any other personal information you provide to us when contacting or corresponding with us, when requesting products and services from us, when entering into any contract with us, when signing up to, attending or participating in our events, competitions or matches, or when entering our promotions.
We may monitor or record your telephone conversations with us for security purposes and to improve the quality of products and services on offer to you.
Please note that CCTV is in operation at our premises for safety, security and crime prevention purposes.
Please also note that filming and photography takes places at certain of our matches, competitions and events. By attending any match, competition or event, you agree to your image being filmed, photographed or recorded at that match, competition or event and grant your permission, free of charge, for both Scottish Rugby and its licensees to use such images in pictures and/or films (including publication on the internet and in social media).
2. Why we collect your personal information
We may collect, hold and use personal information from or about you for the following purposes:
- to manage, develop, promote and administer matches, competitions, events and the sport of rugby union and your participation in the same (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- to monitor, assess, record and report on your performance or participation in rugby union (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- to monitor, assess, record and report on your welfare, safety and injuries (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- to review, monitor, record, verify and enforce rugby union or other event/competition based participation requirements such as registration, movements and transfers, qualifications, discipline, anti-doping and eligibility (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- to provide you with membership services (including any insurance and medical benefits) and to keep in contact with you for such purposes;
- to compile and provide reports and statistics related to the sport of rugby union, matches, competitions and events and/or your participation in it (and to invite you to participate in surveys related to the same);
- to set up and administer any of your online accounts with us;
- to administer and complete any request that you make of us, for example to provide any product or service that you have requested from us (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- for the purposes of the performance of any contract that you have entered into or are taking steps to enter into with us (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- to manage, understand and respect your preferences;
- to keep you informed via mail, email, social media, SMS or telephone about other offers, events, products and services offered by us, or our sponsors or partners, that may be of interest to you and to personalise and/or tailor any such communications (only if you have agreed to be contacted in this way and subject to your ability to withdraw that agreement at any time);
- to improve the products and services we offer;
- to obtain feedback on our website or on our matches, events, competitions, products and services;
- for record keeping, research, monitoring and analysis purposes;
- to you keep you informed of any changes to our website;
- to help diagnose server problems and administer our website; and
- to comply with applicable laws or regulations, court orders, law enforcement and fraud prevention requirements (including PVG requirements).
We may collect, hold and use personal information related to your gender, health, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation for statutory and regulatory reporting purposes, for equality monitoring purposes and to provide any reasonable adjustments under the Equality Act 2010.
3. Who we share your personal information with and why
Your name may appear publicly on our websites and systems in the context of team sheets and other match, participation, competition or event related reporting or statistics.
Also, your name, email and telephone number may appear publicly in our Rugby Record publication and on our websites and systems if you are a relevant contact or office bearer for your club, school, body or society.
Otherwise, unless you specifically agree or ask us to share your personal information with a third-party, your personal information will only be shared as follows:
- with the rugby club, school, body or society that you are a member of or participate with (or are taking steps to join/participate with) if this is required in the context of your participation in rugby union or in any of our matches, competitions or events;
- with other members of our group of companies;
- with our website hosting and IT systems providers
- with World Rugby, sportscotland, relevant local authorities and relevant anti-doping and other agencies for reporting, monitoring and enforcement purposes and to provide meaningful statistics to such bodies and agencies;
- with our insurers where necessary for the purposes of the maintenance and operation of coverage and the evaluation and administration of any claims or potential claims;
- with our healthcare and medical providers where necessary for the purposes of providing treatment or coverage
- with any third-party whose services we require to use for the administration, management or completion of any request that you have made of us or any contract that you have entered into (or taken steps to enter into) with us;
- with our sponsors or partners to keep you informed via mail, email, social media, SMS or telephone about other offers, events, products and services offered by them that may be of interest to you (only if you have agreed for your personal information to be shared in this way and subject to your ability to withdraw that agreement at any time);
- with our professional and legal advisers for the purposes of taking such advice;
- with relevant statutory or regulatory bodies to comply with statutory, legal, reporting or regulatory requirements and obligations, these include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland and Police Scotland; or
- with any other third party where necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, court orders, law enforcement, fraud prevention, to enforce the terms under which you contracted with us, or to protect our rights, property, your safety and security, or the security or safety of the users of our website and IT systems or the attendees at our matches, competitions and events.
If we share your personal information with third parties, they will be “processors” and subject to written conditions to only process your personal information in accordance with our instructions and to protect it. We will only share your personal information with third parties if we are required to do so for specific purposes and will take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
4. Children under 16
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children under the age of 16. We request that children aged 15 or under do not provide any personal information directly to us and that any such information is only provided by the relevant child’s parent or guardian, or with the permission of the relevant child’s parent or guardian.
5. How your personal information is protected and where it is kept
Your personal information will be held within the United Kingdom or in the European Economic Area on a secure server.
If you are using our SCRUMS registration system, limited password protected and permissions based access rights will be made available to you, to the rugby club, school, body or society that you are a member of participate with (or are taking steps to join/participate with), and to our own staff and administrators.
We will use reasonable security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information.
If a password is required to access certain areas of our website, IT systems or applications, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. You must not leave your password unattended or disclose your password to any other person.
6. How long your personal information is kept
Your personal information will be held for no longer than is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained. We will carry out periodic reviews of the personal information that we hold about you to ensure that this is the case.
If you are using our SCRUMS registration system and we are notified that you no longer participate in the sport of rugby union then your information will be removed from SCRUMS after 5 years from the end of the end of the last season in which you participated (or earlier if you have requested that your information is removed earlier).
Your information may be held for longer than that 5-year period for historical, statistical and record keeping purposes in respect of disciplinary matters, insurance purposes, competition results and scores.
Records of your involvement in a match, competition or event, on team sheets, on results pages or in match reports may be held indefinitely to maintain a record of the game.
We will also retain your personal information to maintain historical, statistical and statutory records in accordance with applicable laws, regulations or guidance.
7. Your rights
You have the right to request that any inaccurate or incomplete personal information that we hold about you is modified or corrected at any time.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we hold about you at any time (although this may adversely affect your ability to participate in our matches, events and competitions or to obtain products and services from us).
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we restrict or stop the processing of your personal information for specific purposes at any time (although this may adversely affect your ability to participate in our matches, events and competitions or to obtain products and services from us).
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we provide your personal information to you in a particular format for your own re-use.
You have the right to access (without charge) the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request” of us at any time.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the details set out below. Any requests will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at ww.ico.org.uk.
Scottish Rugby Union Limited, BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh EH12 5PJ; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
17 June 2021
© Scottish Rugby Union Limited 2021