What are cookies?
The Scottish Rugby website may place a "cookie" in your browser file. The cookie allows SRU to provide certain information to you and to store information while You are using the Scottish Rugby website.
When you visit the Scottish Rugby website SRU sends you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
1. To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to the Scottish Rugby website and to allow SRU to tailor content or advertisements to match Your preferred interests or to avoid showing You the same adverts repeatedly.
2. To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use the Scottish Rugby website and to help the SRU improve the structure of the Scottish Rugby website. SRU cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on the Scottish Rugby website:
- session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of Your browser until you leave the Scottish Rugby website
- persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
SRU may use a third party to serve advertisements on the Scottish Rugby website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. SRU does not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
How to disable cookies
1. Open 'Windows Explorer'
2. Click on the 'Search' button on the tool bar
3. Type "cookie" into the search box for 'Folders and files'
4. Select 'My Computer' in the 'Look in' box
5. Click 'Search now'
6. Double click on the folders that are found
7. 'Select' any cookie file
8. Hit the 'delete' button on your keyboard
If You are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select "cookies" in the "Help" function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
SRU shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage whatsoever or for loss of profits, contracts, data, goodwill, work stoppage or computer failure resulting from the use of or inability to use, interruption or availability of the Scottish Rugby website, its operation or transmission, computer viruses or otherwise in respect of the use of the Scottish Rugby website and howsoever caused even if SRU has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
SRU excludes any liability for any errors or omissions from information, materials and functions included in the Scottish Rugby website except to the extent that such liability may not be lawfully excluded under the applicable law. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law SRU disclaims all such liability arising from its or its employees', agents or subcontractors' negligence.
SRU is not responsible for nor shall it be liable for the contents of other websites or home pages which are linked to the Scottish Rugby website. SRU shall have no liability in respect of material hyperlinked to the Scottish Rugby website which may be misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, threatening or obscene or otherwise not in accordance with such regulations as may be from time to time in force.
The provision by SRU of a link to another website does not constitute any authorisation by SRU to You to access materials held at that location, nor is it evidence of any endorsement or non-endorsement by SRU of the material held there.
SRU operates the Scottish Rugby website from Edinburgh, Scotland and makes no representation that the information contained on the Scottish Rugby website is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United Kingdom.
You are not permitted to use any robot, spider, other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy the Scottish Rugby website or the content expressed herein.